Got a job interview lined up? Have a read of these useful tips.
1. Dress smart for an interview. You don’t want to turn up in baggy clothes – first impressions last.
2. Learn a bit of history about the company. It’s always best to turn up with a bit of knowledge about the place. For example, you might want to research the history and the owners of the business.
3. Use your manners and be respectful.
4. Ask Questions. Always ask questions during the interview – it shows you have an interest in the job.
5. Body language. Always make eye contact with the people who are interviewing you because it shows you are paying attention to what they’re saying. Also, don’t cross your arms while they’re talking to you because it shows you’re feeling defensive, vulnerable or insecure.
6. Be clear with your answers. Always make sure what you’re saying is clear.
7. Don’t be late! That’s the one thing you do not want to do.
8. Settle your nerves. If there’s one thing that you need to do before the interview is to calm yourself.
9. Details. Make sure you know exactly where the business is because you don’t want to turn up to the wrong location and be late for your interview.
10. Listen to the questions. Make sure you pay attention to what they are telling you.